Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Sunday 8 November 2009

Sunday racing

Well today was really strange.

Remember back in the Tuning guide I mentioned mast rake settings?

Mast Rake = 6m65 - 6m60 all wind conditions

Well I think that is a BIG mistake.

I was really really slow and couldn't even keep up with any of the RS400's.

So on the water I adjusted the rake by moving some chocks (really easy work, the mast is really light to move)

As it turned out I had adjusted it to 6m85 (so more upright)

This increased my speed by a shedload and I was back in contact with the 400's.

I still could not beat the on the water today.

I the first race it was quite light winds (and I was the wrong rake)
The second race the wind was building, and I think I may have over cooked the mast rake as I was a tad overpowered upwind.

Shame really as previously I have been mixing it with the leading 400's.

I did beat a 29er today in both races, but then....so did the 400's.

No comments:

Post a Comment