Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Sunday 8 November 2009

Rememberance Day Sunday Race

Preparing to launch the mainsail was just in the track when I noticed I could not hoist.

The main halyard had popped off the wheel and jammed between the wheel and the carbon mast.

I was already at the waters edge....so it was a loong walk back up the side of the reservoir and back to the clubhouse steps to un jam it...I would be really late for the start.

So I was just wondering what to do when I remembered that the mast can just be lifted out of its collar.

Fabulous idea.
I untied the mast rope that keeps the mast intact in the event of a capsize, lifted the mast out and layed it on the ground.
Took the halyard out and popped the mast back in and re-tied it.

Wonderful, took 3 minutes!

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment