Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Sunday 8 November 2009

Kicker and Mast inversion downwind

Well I have had a long think  about today and talked quite a lot.

Sorry no pictures, but there was the Schools Nationals on at our club, so no spare camera man/woman.

Nevermind

So I got to thinking today when I felt that I was not going too fast downwind when the wind had dropped off a bit.

It was very up and down in gusts today.

So I thought... what would happen if I applied some kicker downwind (contrary to how I have been achieving nice sail setting with spinny and the slot)

So I applied the kicker and hey presto I felt powered up....so here's the rub....no kicker or SOME kicker?

I reckon (no doubt in fact) in the windy stuff....NO kicker downwind....in the lighter stuff....maybe a little kicker tension just to keep a bit of power until you feel "in trouble"

Again....technique in progress, watch this space.

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment