Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Sunday 8 November 2009

Mainsheet Cleating Angle

Think I have mentioned before about placing an angle wedge on the mainsheet cleat fitting so that it is easier getting the leach tension correct with one pull upwind after a tack or after dumping the main in a gust.

Well I think I might just leave it as it is.

Today I was concentrating on sitting further back to aid planing upwind and the sheeting angle was nearly just right.

I think this is technique in progress....I shall keep you all informed.

I might just add that as I am sailing on the inner setting for the wings it has made a difference to the sheeting angle.

If you are lighter you may find that the angle is better for cleating the main without a wedge.

No comments:

Post a Comment