Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Sunday 15 November 2009

PY Performance

As I am comparing myself against the RS400's today was the day that I think I cracked it.

Once I got her planing upwind, I was not too far behind them and if I can hold my own against them upwind then downwind is good, because as you would expect....the D-One goes mental.

I had an interesting moment while racing with the kite up against a 400....

I had to bare off as the gust hit, however the 400 could hold it and I couldn't bare off infront of him, so I simply had to hike like crazy.....I even wacked the downhaul on to depower a bit.

Great fun, but could have done with a tad more leverage if sailing on that angle.....bearing off like stink in a gust is the way forward (as you would expect)

Honestly, I think 950 is probably a little too hard, it may in the longterm increase a little.
Certainly in the lighter stuff it's a tuffy, but as soon as the wind gets up it's not too far off the mark.

Time will tell.....hell its fun trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment