Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Sunday 27 December 2009

Uneven Speed

So upwind its slower (obviously) but downwind in a blow is amazingly quick.

Because I started so late the Musto Skiffs caught me in the first beat and we all round the windward mark together.

Kites went up and as we all caught a huge gust we burned across the whole top of Queen Mary from right to left and gybed past the bund and down towards the clubhouse-ish to the leward mark.

By the time we all reached the leward mark I was approx 15-20 seconds behind the last skiff.

Now I reckon that is really good speed.....and it was really good fun keeping up with them.

Upwind of course they spanked me, but that is to be expected.

When I was near the K6 and went off on a broad 2 sail reach I left them standing.

I was really happy today.

:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment