Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Monday 21 December 2009

Christmas Handicap Race

brrrrr......that was cold, arrived to find all sheets frozen.

Although a fantatic sail, nice and sunny Force 2-3.

I have been sailing with the kicker just taking up the strain when I release the mainsheet tension for upwind sailing, this seems to work fine.

For downwind I found in the light stuff, just releasing the kicker a bit works better than keeping it on (a heavy wind setting)

So I was very pleased with my overall performance..... just over a minute behind the winning RS400 on the water, not too far away from the B14.

Also pleased to announce that I am able to hold off if not catch up leading RS400 and B14 on a reach with neither of us flying kites.
:o)

1 comment:

  1. That sounds about right on the kicker front, the danger being if you have it too loose in light winds you lose some of the oomph out of rool tacks.

    ReplyDelete