Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Sunday 27 December 2009

Learning the hard way

Well today was up and down around 18knots and a tad chilly when racing had finished.

I had a bit of a cold and was feeling a bit below par, but soon forgot about it once sailing.

It was the Pursuit Race today running roughly the same format as the Bloody Mary.

So kind of important that I got to the start in time!

Unfortuneatly I had to launch to leward of the bund and sail round which made me reall late (gutted)

So with a handicap of 950 I was supposed to start at 12.32 but actually started at 12.40 ish with a K6.

This ruined my handicap chances completely, however I carried on for the practice.

I have realised that I have been making it quite hard for myself upwind, by not letting the traveller off enough.

Today I wacked it a long way off and was planing quickly to windward. Something I should have done weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment