Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Saturday 3 October 2009

Ok, lots to say about today....

Blowing a solid Force 5 was a great introduction to what the D-One has to offer.

I have to say I was really impressed.

Lets be honest.....it was a tuff one, but then I am sure I got a few rigging bits wrong.

Firstly, I feel that I went out with too much mast rake, and therefore found it a tad difficult to get enough leech tension.

There is a lot you can do with the rig so I shall risk standing the mast more upright tomorrow.

Having said that I think I needed more mainsheet tension going upwind and not to rely totally on the kicker to get the leech tight.....found it hard getting mainsheet in correct position with a big wind and the angle of the cleat needs changimg, so I shall change to a smaller shackle for the rachet to get the angle right.

No comments:

Post a Comment