Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Saturday 10 October 2009

Kicker Tension

The Kicker is "super" powerfull (and adjustable too).

Last Saturday, when I went out in a Force 5 I definately had the kicker on too much while going downwind, which actually felt horrible.

Because the top of the main was powered up it felt all wrong.

By releasing the kicker downwind I can go a hell of a lot deeper as the wind escapes "up top".

So I did ask myself the question "why bother with a kicker then", but then I got to realise, if it's too tight a course and I cannot fly the spinny without going "too deep" then this is when the kicker comes in.

With 11m2 of mainsail under control and powered up the reach will be very fast indeed.

This is a very well thought out boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment