Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Thursday 18 March 2010

Kicker Control


I have moved the pin on the kicker control to give me MAX purchase for the kicker so I can keep the boom down when I let the mainsheet tension off.

In order to tack I have the kicker taking up the tension when mainsheet is released, however on a reach without the spinnaker on you will need to play the mainsheet and so the kicker needs to be put on even more than you need to get under the boom.
In other words to get the correct about of kicker on for a reach you would probably struggle to get under the boom if you tacked, so remember to release it.

I have moved the pin right to the end of the adjustment plate to give me extra purchase, should I need it.
Attached is the recomended starting position from which I have now moved.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim, my name is stefano from italy.
    I bought a d one last week and I've done a blog very similar to yours...
    I read something from you is very interessing, well done...
    check my blog:
    http://d-one-italiandinghy.blogspot.com/
    is all in italian but full of pictures...
    best regards
    ciao
    s

    ReplyDelete