Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Tuesday 9 February 2010

Tiger Trophy @ Rutland SC

Just had a fantastic weekend of D-One sailing at Rutland, for the John Merricks Memorial "Tiger Trophy" event.

165 boats taking part on a very well run event.

I was disappointed to be separated from the RS100 on the start line, due to their handicap PY they were deemed "slow handicap"??? and therefore started on a different sequence, behind me.

Anyhow on Sunday we were to race a pursuit which saw me start 4 minutes behind on handicap.

I was approx 2 boat lengths ahead of one of them on the finish line, the other having got a long way ahead early on in the race to remain uncatchable.

On Saturday I was beating B14's and racing with Laser 4000 and keeping them behind me, which was great.

Again I came a cropper on the tight reaches with the kite....the D-One just will not do it, however when the angles are right or you get chance to do windward leward, then she just flies past anything, apart from cherubs and 49ers and the like!

Pictures to follow when I recieve them from Yachts and Yachting forum user "Asterix"

Next event Hoo Freezer.
Apparently I should have let the outhaul out a bit in this picture, in order to tighten the leech  and aid pointing ability....I shall give it a try next.

No comments:

Post a Comment