Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Friday 13 August 2010

Federation Week results

Currently I am placed 4th overall out of 44 medium asymetric boats.

I have been having trouble keeping local sailor Nick Peters in his RS100 behind me, and its really easy to throw away a 2 minute lead by going the wrong way in the tide.

The other RS100's are a long way off over the long courses but their handicap of 1005 to our 971 is giving them plenty of room for error.

I lapped one 10.2 rig and the leading 8.4 rig was 14minutes behind on the water.

Nick manages to make his boat go very well indeed and I have only beaten him once by 1 sec, every other race has been him beating me by an average of 20secs.

Excellent racing.....if Nick gained a minute on the downwind leg then I got back 30 secs on the beat.....all of this while we are both minutes ahead of the others.

There have been some tight reaches which favours the 100 where the D-One wants to go faster downwind......but all in all a fantastic event.

I need a good race today to get a 3rd place.

No comments:

Post a Comment