Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Wednesday 9 June 2010

HoneyPot Trophy Pursuit Race

On the Bank Holiday we had a fantastic day for a pursuit race in memory of Jesper Garvin (my dad).

He had the trophy made and donated it to the Yeoman fleet who very kindly allowed it to be passed on to the Honeypot Pursuit event, held annually.

I am please to say that I did really well and had a real humdinger of a race with the leading RS400 who only managed to sneak a 35sec lead at the finish after 2 hours of close racing. If I hadn't have screwed up the 1st beat and waisted 30 secs I think I may have beaten them.
The 400's start 1min behind me at the moment on handicap.

Downwind the D-one is way faster than the 400 and certainly planes quicker, upwind I was really racing hard to keep up with the leading 400, however the second place 400 was approx 6mins behind!

The end results were 1st Musto skiff, 2nd RS700, 3rd RS400, 4th D-One, 5th Graduate.
It was really nice to have visitors for the event, I hope they come back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment