Everything you need to know about the UK D-One fleet





Sunday 17 January 2010

Battle Of the Classes

Wow, what a fantastic day.

I felt really fast today, finally attached a burgee to the mast (that helped).

Results tomorrow, but pleased to announce that having started 2mins behind the RS100, I finished neck and neck on the finish line.....I would have been way in front if I hadn't caught my tiller extension in the elastic at the transom at the leward mark and had to stop to unhook myself.

It was just enough to give the 100 time to catch up and hang on for the last part of the race.

Can't wait to race them on open water, it was cramped conditions today to say the least.

Loads of boats on a thin course, although we were really lucky to get the breeze blowing up and down the dock.

Great fun.....more more more.
Pictures with kind permission of Mark Jardine http://www.yachtsandyachting.com/











No comments:

Post a Comment